Semolina pudding and caramel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
for the semolina pudding,
- 4 cups or a quart of milk, I use skim or 5 cups is like less firm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup semolina
- Choose a baking dish 8' or use 8 1/2 cup ramekins.
- To make the caramel: in a small saucepan place the sugar and enough water to moisten all the sugar, cook over high heat until it begins to change color and brown, lower the heat and keep watching, just as it turn tea-colored remove and pour into the ramekins or baking dish. Moving the dishes so that the entire bottom is cover with caramel.No worry if solidifies.
- In a medium saucepan place the milk, sugar and vanilla, cook over medium-high heat, stirring with a round balloon whisk until sugar dissolves. When it boils, lower the heat to low and begin adding the semolina in a steady rain, beating all the time to keep them from forming lumps, will thicken quickly, since come to boil, cook for 1 minute stirring always .
- Pour over the caramel and let cool in pan, refrigerate a few hours before un-molding and serving.
- If the caramel is solid, just put the ramekins on a shallow dish fill with boiling water for 5 minutes.